AIFD newsletter archive (since May 19th, 2012)
AIFD’s Youtube channel.
World’s words, an archive of song words that Misi Tsurikov has introduced newcomers’ classes – posted July 2nd, 2013.
Folk Dance Etiquette – some great advice from Dick Oakes.
Dance notes (compiled by Franklin Houston).
Are you on Facebook? Join the Austin International Folk Dancers group and stay on top of related news and events.
Dance Groups and instructors in Austin
For other folk dancing in Texas and the southwest, check out:
Other great links
- AIFD on youtube.
- Yves Moreau.
- Folk Dance Federation of California, South. – A list of folk dances with links to syllabi and videos.
- “I can’t dance” – some simple tips to to help you overcome this.
- Folk Dance Etiquette Posters – a fun collection drawn by Nancy McGowan Pruitt
- Phantomranch.net – International Folk Dance resources page maintained by Dick Oakes.
- Dunav.org – a sharing place for Balkan music, dance notes, and instructions
- Recfd.com at one time this was a good resource for dance music. The domain expired on 4/21/11. We hope it comes back.
- A Dance Passion Essay Dancing All the Dances as Long as I Can by Robert Fulghum
- The Pheonix International Folk Dancers maintains great links to national folk dance groups and camps.
- Dancing makes you smarter!
- Sketchy guys – a really good guide on how men should conduct themselves at dance events. Prepared by Richard Powers, who teaches vintage dance at Stanford.
- Texas State Federation of
Square and Round Dancers®
- Collection of International Folk Dances hosted on Archive.org
- Folk Dancing as a Soul Celebration – a great commentary about folk dancing by Adam Blatner.
- Swing dance links.
- Square dance lessons are being offered in northwest Austin every other Friday from 7:00 – 8:30 staring January 8, 2015. The club, Levis and Lace, dance at the Live Oak Unitarian Universalist Church, 3315 El Salido Parkway in Cedar Park. For more information, contact Al Frazier, caller, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pioneer Farms – This past year Pioneer arms restored an old dance hall. It is a great venue for regular dances or special events.