- Wear comfortable, casual, clean, fresh attire for general folk dancing.
- Wear soft-soled, non-marking shoes.
- Take a shower.
- Brush your teeth.
- Use a deodorant.
- Avoid using strong perfumes or colognes.
- Don’t wear sharp jewelry, particularly rings.
- Keep jewelry to a minimum to avoid getting it caught in someone’s clothing or hair.
- Keep your hands clean. If they get sweaty during dancing, or you’ve been eating snacks, go wash them.
- If you perspire heavily during dancing, bring extra shirts and change them often.